Sat, 07 Feb 2009
Over two years since the last one I've finally managed to do a new release of libsndfile. The changes are:
- Ogg/Vorbis support (read and write) via the standard libsndfile API. Much of the Vorbis support was done by John ffitch of the Csound project.
- Add support for new file formats RF64 and Akai MPC 2000.
- Added command line utilities sndfile-metadata-get and sndfile-metadata-set. These programs and some minor tweaks to libsndfile were a result of a contract with George Blood Audio.
- Numerous minor bug fixes, cleanups and improvements in robust-ness.
- Built pre-compiled windows binaries for both Win32 and Win64, available as a standard windows style self extracting installer. These pre-compiled binaries were generated by cross compiling from Linux using the very wonderful Debian MinGW cross compiler for Win32 and the rather new and shiny Mingw-w64 for Win64. The installers include the library itself, the utility programs, the public header file and a couple of example projects.
The Win32 installer and binaries have been tested under both Wine and Windows XP. The Win64 installer and binaries have received much less testing and should be considered alpha quality.